For the third year in a row, Western University has been named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
Western employs more than 13,000 people and offers a huge array of career opportunities that encompass engineering, research, accounting, the trades, administration, information technology, food services and much more.
Now in its 16th year, the Canada’s Top 100 Employers competition project is a national competition to determine which employers lead their industries in offering exceptional workplaces for their employees. Applicants for the honour are evaluated based on benefits offered, physical workspace, training and skills development, vacation and time off, work atmosphere and social activities, employee communications, performance management, and community involvement.
Western continues to be one of the region’s largest and most attractive employers and receives more than 32,000 job applications each year. It offers:
- Excellent benefits including educational assistance for staff members to cover tuition costs, tuition scholarships for children of faculty and staff members, a professional expense reimbursement program and a health care spending account for many full time employees, and post-retirement benefits for those who qualify
- A choice of Living Well activities for faculty and staff, including yoga, meditation, tai chi and more
- A spectacular, park-like campus on the banks of the Thames River
- 29 on-campus eateries and restaurants, retail outlets including an award-winning bookstore, a computer store, a grocery store/deli, a pharmacy and movie theatre
- Cultural events including free concerts, speakers and art exhibits
- Campus-wide appreciation events for faculty and staff
- Many award and recognition opportunities to celebrate excellence and long service
- An annual Staff and Leaders’ Conference with outstanding speakers
- A history of involvement in our local community and around the world, and opportunities for staff and faculty to participate
“My thanks go to each faculty and staff member who works every day to help Western and our students achieve excellence on the world stage. This award is acknowledgement of your work,” said Western President Amit Chakma. “We commit to continue our work to recruit and retain the best talent in Canada to be our teachers, our researchers and to support the important work to keep our university running smoothly each day.”
MEDIA CONTACT: Stephen Ledgley, Senior Media Relations Officer, Western University, 519-661-2111 x85283, email@example.com
Western University delivers an academic experience second to none. Since 1878, The Western Experience has combined academic excellence with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social and cultural growth in order to better serve our communities. Our research excellence expands knowledge and drives discovery with real-world application. Western attracts individuals with a broad worldview, seeking to study, influence and lead in the international community.