For the second year in a row, Western University has been named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
Western employs more than 13,000 people in jobs that range from part-time jobs in food services that are well-suited to student employees, to professional positions allowing life-long opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Now in its 15th year, the Canada’s Top 100 Employers competition evaluates employers based on benefits offered, physical workspace, training and skills development, vacation and time off, work atmosphere and social activities, employee communications, performance management, and community involvement.
Western continues to be one of the region’s largest and most attractive employers and receives more than 32,000 applications each year. It offers:
- Excellent benefits including educational assistance for staff members to cover tuition costs, tuition scholarships for children of faculty and staff members, a professional expense reimbursement program and a health care spending account for many full time employees, and post-retirement benefits for those who qualify
- A spectacular, park-like campus on the banks of the Thames River
- 29 on-campus eateries and restaurants, retail outlets including an award winning bookstore, a computer store, a grocery store/deli, a pharmacy and movie theatre
- Cultural events including free concerts, speakers and art exhibits
- Campus-wide social events for faculty and staff
- Many award and recognition opportunities to celebrate excellence and long service among faculty and staff, and an annual Staff and Leaders’ Conference with outstanding speakers
- A long and strong history of involvement in our local community and around the world, and opportunities for staff and faculty to participate
“We are proud of the teaching, research, scholarship and service that takes place at Western, and proud too of all who work together in pursuit of our vision to be a destination of choice for the world’s brightest minds seeking the best learning experience,” said Western’s President & Vice-Chancellor Amit Chakma. “Western is a great place to work and study and we will endeavour to continue to attract and retain Canada’s finest faculty and staff members.”
To learn more visit www.uwo.ca/topemployer
MEDIA CONTACT: Marcia Steyaert, Community Relations Specialist, 519-661-2111 ext . 85467, firstname.lastname@example.org